"My Windows PC is identifying LOCKY files instead of my personal files in different formats. My PC is not able to open .doc, .docx, .DOT, .max, .xml, .txt, .CSV, .uot, .RTF, .pdf, .XLS, .PPT and various other type of file formats. The file name are changed with a long string of numbers and characters with entirely new extension “.locky”. Should I pay the demanded amount to decrypt my own files? How can I get encrypted *.locky files back and remove .locky File Extension Ransomware from my computer without paying the ransom to cyber criminals?"
A new .locky File Extension Ransomware has been developed to screwed up personal files of user on Windows computer. It is a result of software perverseness by cyber criminals. This nasty ransomware virus has assaulted online computers on a massive scale in Germany and still it is expanding with rapid speed all over the globe. The responsible cyber criminals or syndicate are not identified yet but till now they have succeed in their worst practice to get extortion from victims of .locky File Extension Ransomware. .locky File Extension Ransomware works on entirely new sceam to encrypt files on compromised computer. It changes the file name with 32 charecters and numbers and replace the file extension with “.locky”. It has used RSA-2048 and AES-128 file encryption methods with public and private keys. It is somthing like imposssible to decrypt these strongly encrypted files without private key. The the users on compromised computer can't open encrypted documents, photos, videos etc. The worst is that they even can't determine that which file extension stands in actual for their files stored on hard drive. So the cyber criminals behind this ransomware suggests a “Nostrum” called Locky decrypter which can docode every encrypted file in their original file format. The perpetrator also define a fee to provide the decrpter software in the _Locky_recover_instructions.txt file (you can also asume it ransom note). The text file also address the victim that how to use Tor browser or Onion router technology to make payment in cyrptocurrency Bitcoin on the specified address. It is not an ideal decission to pay ransom amount to dodgy cyber criminals. You should use an exclusively efficient automnatic scanner tool to remove .locky File Extension Ransomware From your computer.
How To Remove .locky File Extension Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .locky File Extension Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .locky File Extension Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .locky File Extension Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .locky File Extension Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall .locky File Extension Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .locky File Extension Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete .locky File Extension Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .locky File Extension Ransomware related programs.
Remove .locky File Extension Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .locky File Extension Ransomware related entries.
Remove .locky File Extension Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .locky File Extension Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .locky File Extension Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.