MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] is name of another harmful rootkit that may run on your computer unnoticed by anti-malware program. This threat is an another variant of Trojan virus which is known and programmed to executes several malicious operations from targeted computer. With same objective, this MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] rootkit has been also distributed globally via infected links, email attachments and also propagated through potentially unwanted programs. Once installed it will first attack on Windows registry entry in order to add malicious entries by deleting default entries, afterward it may creates many executable files that runs in the background of computer, in short this MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] threat may perform all]possible operations to take full access of computer, it may also grant unauthorized access of computer to remote hackers. Moreover this rootkit is used to spread highly severe malware program on targeted computer, to install similar or other threats MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] may create backdoor inside computer which make malware installation very easy.
This threat can easily exploit entire system functionality of computer and make computer vulnerable in no time, whenever this dreadful malware will stay inside your PC till your system will definitely suffer with unexpected troubles such as application crashes, system malfunctioning, data loss, corruption, sluggish or weird system performance. Presence of this MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] rootkit Trojan not only cause to destroy system functionality and reach computer on the verge of corruption but also this threat can also steal your personal details and other information easily and may also share gathered informations in black market for malicious intention. So if you don't want to take risk and prevent computer from its consequences then it is advised to take an immediate step in order to remove MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] quickly from PC as it detected.
Steps to Remove MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk]
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk]
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk]
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk]
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk]. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk], certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] Running Processes.
- Right Click on MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk] Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove MBR:Alureon-K [Rtk], Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!