Yesterday, i was surfing the web then ads related to Private Search appeared on the screen. When i clicked on it then my surfing gets diverted to Eanswers.com. It provided a search bar and asked me to use it to search the web. It said that it will help me to track the search and keep it private. Since then, i am getting regular alerts from Private Search and i have found its extension in my Google Chrome browser. It annoys me during the surfing session. Please help me to get rid of it immediately.
Private Search is recognized as potentially unwanted program which can invade in the system secretly bundled with the free programs. It will install its own extension in your web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. Private Search is capable to redirect the surfing session of the users to eanswers.com which looks like a search engine. It convince the users to use it as default search engine. You need to be aware that it only seems like real but reality is completely different. It is capable to mislead the users and display completely different results which will never match with your search query. You need to be aware that Private Search has been created by the cyber crooks with illegal aim. So, do not allow it to stay for long time in the system.
Private Search only tries to increase the network traffic of the suspicious sites of the third parties. You will also detect lots of promotional alerts which will ask you to install free softwares. Proceeding to install the programs without reading its terms and conditions can allow harmful threats to penetrate in the system. It may interrupt when the users tries to visit any of the legitimate sites of their choice. It is also responsible for the slow down of various functions of the system in which normal working is quite difficult. So, you need to remove Private Search immediately after detection from the infected PC.
Step:1 Remove Private Search or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Private Search or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Private Search or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Private Search
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Private Search from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Private Search
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Private Search will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Private Search
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Private Search in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Private Search
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Private Search while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Private Search Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Private Search
How to Block Private Search Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Private Search exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Private Search Removal