Guys, last night I got infected with Pro PoS by making an unfortunate click on a random popup ad which was continuously flashing on my computer screen. This program is annoying me too much and now it has made me unable to perform any system activity. I am also facing lots of troubles while browsing internet. Guys, please do suggest me any effective procedure to secure my computer from any type of damages. Thanks in advance!
Pro PoS is a terrific trojan threat which is known to be very dangerous for all windows computer. It is a nettlesome threat which when got sneaked into compromised machine, it firstly corrupts the Windows Registry Editor and then after injects several malicious files into the PC boot section. Pro PoS usually may infiltrate your PC along with some freeware software program, peer to peer file sharing, social networking sites, malicious web pages, spam email attachments and lots more. Right from the moment you got infected with this very harmful trojan threat, you will find numerous issues on your Windows machine. Cyber crooks have introduced Pro PoS with sole motive to gain control over to the affected computer and to collect user's important system details. This creepy trojan threat downloads malicious programs from the internet and consumes entire free CPU resources.
To be more specific, Pro PoS changes the default setting of the infected computer which includes DNS configurations, browser homepage and desktop screen image. Its presence makes performance speed of the affected PC extremely slow and you will end up wasting too much time while loading a single application programs. Furthermore, this very trojan threat may record all your browsing details, confidential information, account number, IP address and banking credentials as well. Although, such materials gets used for the illegal purpose and undoubtedly you will become victim of identity theft and financial loss as well. So, you must be very active and should run scan process on PC every after a short interval of time. Here, it is our recommendation to take immediate step and remove Pro PoS quickly from compromised machine.
Manual Pro PoS Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Pro PoS
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Pro PoS, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Pro PoS Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Pro PoS infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Pro PoS infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Pro PoS, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Pro PoS
How to View Pro PoS Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Pro PoS related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Pro PoS Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Pro PoS, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Pro PoS Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Pro PoS.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Pro PoS related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Pro PoS related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Pro PoS associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Pro PoS, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.