Have you ever been got familiar with Product key Pop-up? In the very recent days, several computer users have detected this threat on their windows computer. PC users have found this fake program very annoying and now they are desperately looking for its removal. Actually, the basic complaint is, Product key Pop-up floods the web screen which make user go annoyed totally. Well, no need to get panic now, because below article will provide you best way to delete such infection quickly. Thank you!
Product key Pop-up is a potentially unwanted program or PUP infection which directly falls in the adware infection family. It is widely distributed throughout the world and mostly attacks computers with windows operating system. Often time, it gets spreaded via junk files with spam emails, p2p file sharing, malicious websites and third party software downloads. Once inserted, Product key Pop-up attaches itself with IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge like browsers and then after start to annoy badly. Each time when you go online, Product key Pop-up will appear on every web screen without thousands of popup ads, online advertisements, commercial ads, contextual links, sponsored products and more. After getting attacked by Product key Pop-up, you might face severe trouble and will not be able to surf internet normally like earlier. If you ever unfortunately clicked on its fake ads, you will surely get diverted to phishing or dubious web pages which are totally unreliable.
Apart from this, Product key Pop-up changes the default web browser as well as homepage settings and messes up entire machine harshly. It is one of the most harmful as well as destructive computer which ruins victimized computer and also hampers functioning of the installed application programs. Its worst impact makes PC performance speed too slow and so as internet connections. It is not trustworthy in any way and not even its bogus advertisements. Therefore, cyber experts suggests to remove Product key Pop-up quickly if you really wish to see your PC secured from any danger.
Learn To Remove Product key Pop-up Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Product key Pop-up Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Product key Pop-up Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Product key Pop-up related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Product key Pop-up On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Product key Pop-up from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.