PUP.FreebieCo has infected my new Windows 10 PC. It is making me crazy by showing lots of annoying pop-up ads on both my browsers Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Whenever I go online, bunch of unwanted ads started appearing on my computer screen. I really don't have any clue how PUP.FreebieCo has infected my PC. AVG is not able to block those ads. I need immediate help to completely remove this threat from my computer. My desktop is working very slow. Please help me to delete PUP.FreebieCo from my system.
PUP.FreebieCo is a malicious adware program that can infect your PC silently. It is a malicious threat that will completely downgrade your computer speed and performance. Upon successful infiltration, it will also assail your working web browser and bombard your desktop with lots of annoying ads. The primary motive of this dubious adware infection is to show sponsored adverts on the infected machine and bring the shower of irritating ads to boost thew traffic of its partner websites. PUP.FreebieCo will drag your system performance and speed to bottom and you will not be able to browse the web peacefully. This noxious adware infection can also redirect your browser on malicious websites to bring more threats and malware on your system.
PUP.FreebieCo uses several indecent and stealthy tricks to get inside the targeted machine. This malign PC threat normally get downloaded to the user's computer bundled along free third party programs and application. This dubious threat can also get installed on your machine through spam emails, suspicious websites, network file sharing and other deceptive tricks. Your system will get extremely slow due loads of ads. PUP.FreebieCo can also inject its malign codes to the registry editor of your computer to get started automatically on your system. It can collect your personal details and information by tracking your online activities and browsing history. It can send those information to remote hackers to use in malicious activities. It is strongly recommended to delete PUP.FreebieCo from your PC as early as possible.
Learn To Remove PUP.FreebieCo Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.FreebieCo Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.FreebieCo Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.FreebieCo related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.FreebieCo On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.FreebieCo from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.