PUP.SportsAddict has hit my windows machine recently and now it is disturbing me a lot. Numerous popup ads are being displayed on my PC screen and due to this only I am being unable to browse internet and also can not do any system activities. There is issue with application working as well and computer is running extremely slowly. I have tried removing PUP.SportsAddict by several technique but all failed. What should I do now, please advise. Many thanks in advance!
PUP.SportsAddict is a potentially unwanted program commonly known as PUP threat designed to infect windows computer badly. Cyber crooks have introduced this threat with the motive to snatch user access from their PC and initiate running its evil processes behind the system background. Often times,PUP.SportsAddict gets delivered via social networking sites, third party software downloads, spam email attachments, p2p file sharing and many more. Upon insertion, this very adware threat gets added with the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE like web browsers and starts to cause issues while you are online. This very threat is quite very notorious which appears on your PC screen with loads of unwanted popup ads, fake advertisements, sponsored products, contextual links, banners and so on. PUP.SportsAddict makes you prompt with all such ads just to flood your computer screen and to annoy you while you perform any activity on system. It disturbs you badly and due to this only, you might face troubles while browsing internet as well.
To be more specific, PUP.SportsAddict brings immediate changes in the default setting of affected computer and modifies browser homepage and DNS configuration as well. This very notorious threat disables task manager and it turn off firewall settings which weakens security of the compromised machine. It increases system vulnerability and make PC more liable to get infected with several harmful parasites. Apart from this, PUP.SportsAddict won't let you surf internet normally and may result in web redirection issue. It is a destructive threat which can corrupt whole windows machine badly and often makes PC useless for permanent. Hence, it is advised to take quick step and delete PUP.SportsAddict as soon as possible without the delay of single minute.
Despite this, PUP.SportsAddict let cyber crooks gain full control on your PC working and makes the behavior of installed apps weird. It might collect all your crucial data and steals confidential informations, banking credentials, system IP address, important data etc. and delivers all such materials for illegal purpose which undoubtedly makes you identity theft victim. So, it is suggested to delete PUP.SportsAddict quickly for the better security of your windows machine.
Learn To Remove PUP.SportsAddict Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.SportsAddict Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.SportsAddict Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.SportsAddict related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.SportsAddict On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.SportsAddict from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.