My system is behaving so unusual and weird. I am not getting what has happened to my computer. All my essential system's settings as well its appearance completely get changed. My system's anti virus program alerted with PWS:HTML/Phish.GK infection. In fact, my system speed even getting degraded gradually. I have tried many techniques but failed to remove it from my computer. I don't want to loose my valuable data at any cost. So, kindly show me way to delete PWS:HTML/Phish.GK from my machine. Thanks in Advance!!!
PWS:HTML/Phish.GK is one among infectious trojan horse that usually target Windows based machine. It is created by evil hackers mainly to drain out all your valuable data and information by tracking browsing history. Not only this, later on it will use all those non sharable data in executing illegal activities. Once activated, PWS:HTML/Phish.GK will start irritating user by displaying numerous alerts, pop ups and lots of error messages stating PC is in danger as well later on force to buy or click unsafe links. This nasty threat usually come along with free programs downloaded from risky websites. Beside that, it even get added after clicking junk mail, p2p sharing of data, clicking unsafe links and sometimes even via social sites. Mostly it target Windows based machine as well it will even add up corrupt registries in Registry Editor and most of the time will even disable task manager as well. Hence, it is advised to immediately remove PWS:HTML/Phish.GK and thus make machine again accessible.
What's more severe, PWS:HTML/Phish.GK will block all the active and running programs and processes. It is highly malicious and risky as well capable even to degrade system's performance. Desktop back ground, default browser's settings, security settings all of sudden get changed without any notifications. You would observe continuous degradation in PC's throughput and in most of the cases it will even make you restrict to install or upgrade genuine applications or software. Thats why, we recommend user to delete PWS:HTML/Phish.GK as soon as possible and thus make machine secured.
Steps to Remove PWS:HTML/Phish.GK
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate PWS:HTML/Phish.GK
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to PWS:HTML/Phish.GK. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the PWS:HTML/Phish.GK related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate PWS:HTML/Phish.GK Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the PWS:HTML/Phish.GK Running Processes.
- Right Click on PWS:HTML/Phish.GK and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove PWS:HTML/Phish.GK Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by PWS:HTML/Phish.GK and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete PWS:HTML/Phish.GK Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove PWS:HTML/Phish.GK, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!