Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D has found on my computer. I was scanning my PC and AVG found this threat. It has quarantined and deleted this Trojan virus. I am not sure that Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D has got completely removed from my PC because my system is still working slow. After system restart the real time protection of my anti-virus got stopped. I have downloaded another anti-virus that also detected Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D but cannot remove it completely. What should I do now? How can I eliminate Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D completely from my system?
Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D is a nasty Trojan horse. It is a major threat for your computer system and can easily downgrade your system performance and speed. This dubious threat is able to attack all versions of Windows computer system world wide. Once installed on your computer, it can disable your anti-virus program and can also block the Windows firewall program to avoid its detection and removal. It is the main reason why your regular anti-virus is unable to delete Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D completely from your machine. This nasty threat can also create its copies and spread into different system files and folders. This nasty threat will also corrupt your system program and leads to several unwanted problems.
Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D can use various deceptive methods and tricks to get inside your computer. It normally get spread through bundled freeware programs, infected USB drives and junk email attachments. It can sneak into your computer through compromised or malicious websites and peer to peer file transfer. After infecting your computer, this nasty threat will assign new registry entries to get automatically started on your machine. It can also use those registry keys for auto startup. Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D can also download other harmful threats and malware on your computer without your consent. It can collect your personal information including bank account and credit card details, usernames, password etc. and send to remote hackers. It can also open backdoor on your system for other threats and malware. You are advised to delete Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D soon from your computer.
How to Remove Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D.
Step3: How to Uninstall Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Rogue:JS/FaceCall.D, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.