What is Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen? My anti-virus has detected this threat. This morning when I was transferring a file from my friend’s USB drive, my anti-virus detected Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen virus. I have removed the USB and run a complete scan of my computer. My anti-virus detected this threat but cannot removed it. Now my system working slow and many of my system program are showing weird behavior. My system icons got bigger and many new files got created that I am unable to remove. How to deal with this problem? How to remove Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen virus from my computer? Please help.
Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen is a malicious computer infection that belongs to the Trojan family. It is a rootkit Torjan infection that hide very deep into the targeted PC and do several malicious activities. It can create its several copies and distribute into your computer system. It is a nasty computer virus that can completely destroy your PC. It can disable your anti-virus program due to which your anti-virus can detect this threat but cannot remove it from your system. It can also download other hamrful threats and malware on your computer system your permission. Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen can disable your important system program and tools due to which your PC will get slow and show weird performance. It can block the Control Panel, Task manager, registry entries and other important system components to avoid deletion.
Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen mainly enter your computer through spam email attachments and infected USB drives. You must not download and open any spam email from any unknown person. You should also scan any USB drive before accessing its files to avoid this kind of harmful threats and malware. This dubious computer infection may also get downloaded to your computer through bundled free third party programs and peer to peer file sharing. Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen is a major threat can do great damage to your computer system. It can also steal your private information including your online banking details and credit card information. It can send thyose details to hackers for making illegal profit. What is more worse, it also open backdoor on your machine for other threats and invaders. You must remove Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen from your PC very soon.
Steps to Remove Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen Running Processes.
- Right Click on Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!