My default homepage has been changed to Safe Finder homepage which redirects my surfing session to search.safefinder.com. Initially, I thought that it is a legitimate search engine but when I entered any query then it displayed completely different results. I am unable to understand who performed such unwanted changes in my system settings. Why I am getting error messages at the time of visiting any legitimate pages? How can I remove Safe Finder homepage completely from my browser?
Safe Finder homepage is recognized as adware which is capable to install itself in the system as default homepage. When you will launch the browser, it will display error messages at the time of visiting any other legitimate sites and redirects your surfing to search.safefinder.com. However, it seems just like a search engine site which provides a search bar. You must be aware that when you will start searching using its bar, it will generate completely different results. Your computer screen will be filled with various types of pop ups, advertisements, banner ads, warning alerts etc which is extremely annoying. It also displays promotional alerts which may convince you to download the latest version of the softwares, videos, music files etc. Safe Finder homepage is not a genuine domain, so avoid trusting any of its alerts.
Actually, Safe Finder homepage is created by the cyber crooks for advertising purpose. When you will click on its links without reading the Terms and Conditions then bundles of malignant threats can secretly penetrate in the PC. You will also find unknown extensions in your web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and many more. It is responsible for slow down of the system in which normal working is difficult for the users. Even more, it may also tries to track your online habits in order to gain the credential data including bank account number, passwords, cookies, surfing history, Geo-location etc. Thus, it is a high risk for your personal identity as well as system. Hence, do not make any delay in removing Safe Finder homepage completely from the PC.
Learn To Remove Safe Finder homepage Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Safe Finder homepage Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Safe Finder homepage Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Safe Finder homepage related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Safe Finder homepage On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Safe Finder homepage from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.