I am just fed up with Scanandprotect.info which doesn't allow me to surf normally on the system. It always interrupts my activities and displays warning messages. It claims to provide instant tech support and asks me to contact on its toll free number. I am having lots of issues in my system and working is becoming extremely difficult. I have also detected some unknown extensions in all the web browsers which is difficult to remove manually. I don't want to open Scanandprotect.info but it automatically opens up in my browser. What can I do now to get rid of it completely?
Scanandprotect.info is categorized as browser hijacker which seems like the clone of legitimate domain in the first look. It is possible that you may detect unwanted changes in the default browser settings as well as search engine. Scanandprotect.info pretends itself genuine and ask the users to contact on 1-855-376-4628 to get instant help regarding any type of PC problems. If you are thinking to contact on its number then definitely you are going to be trapped in the scam of the hackers. Actually, it is a vicious domain which will make promotion of the fake programs of the third parties and asks the users to install the demo version. You must know that it is capable to install more infectious stuffs in the system without your knowledge. So, try to remove Scanandprotect.info immediately after detection from the system.
In the presence of Scanandprotect.info, you will detect several changes in the default settings of the system in which normal working becomes extremely difficult. It have ability to block the IP address of the compromised PC and does not allow the users to visit their favorite or bookmarked pages. Moreover, you will notice that most of the programs will behave strangely and the processing speed of the system will degrade gradually. Additionally, it also carries ability to modify the registry entries which helps the threat for automatic execution after the reboot of the system. Hence, it is strongly advised to the users to remove Scanandprotect.info permanently if you don't want to pay heavy penalty in future.
Manual Steps to Remove Scanandprotect.info From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Scanandprotect.info related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Scanandprotect.info completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Scanandprotect.info related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Scanandprotect.info and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Scanandprotect.info
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Scanandprotect.info related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Scanandprotect.info related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Scanandprotect.info related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Scanandprotect.info related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Scanandprotect.info from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.