|Type:||Trojan based ransomware|
|Short Definition:||It encrypts the files to demand ransom amount for the decryption key.|
|Distribution Method:||spam attachments, malicious websites, etc.|
|Detection:||To check Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware click on Free scan|
Introduction to Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware
Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware is a trojan based ransomware and a new variant of Scarab Ransomware. It was developed in May 16th 2018. It has infected about 83 PCs in a day. The extension is used as ‘.HORSE’ to change the file name. The algorithm apply to encrypt the file is AES cipher. The files which are generally encrypted as images, text, audio, video, documents, power-point, spreadsheets and so on. These files get inaccessible because it get locked after the encryption process. In such case you need the decryption key to unlock your files and the hackers gain the benefit to drop the ransom note which is displayed as “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt”.
The distribution method of Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware
Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware delivers into the computer via different methods like:
1. spam email attachments 2. malicious websites 3. clicking on unknown links 4. freeware/shareware and etc.
Malicious activities of Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware
Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware drops the ransom note when you try to open your files and the background color of the desktop. Hackers demand ransom amount to decrypt your files. They demand ransom in Bitcoin and ask you to pay the amount. They warn you to pay the amount on the given deadline. If you will be fail to pay the cash, they tell you that your all files will get deleted by them. If you will pay the amount you will be get cheated by them because they will not give you any decryption key to unlock your files. So, it is suggested here that you should not pay the amount in hurry. Always remember that keeping the back up files in external hard drive will be more effective to save your data. We recommend you to get a quick help to remove completely this Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware from your computer here by following the helpful guide.
Preventive action from Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware
Install antivirus protection – antivirus provide the protection your computer. You should install this professional program for quick protection of your PC.
update regularly anti virus program – you should keep the antivirus program current. It requires regular signature and updated database. These are essential because without these updates, the antivirus program will be unable to protect your PC.
The other preventive measures are:
- Perform daily scans by updated antivirus
- Disable auto-run
- Disable image previews in email
- Avoid to click on email attachments
- Surf internet smartly
- Use firewall protection
- Deploy DNS protection
A: How To Remove Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Scarab-Horsuke Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.