I am suffering through a severe problem and I am not capable to come out of it. I do have severe trouble with a notorious virus called Scn-013.pw. This infection has got slipped into my PC and it is not leaving my system anyway. Every time when I delete this threat, it comes again, don't know from where and starts disturbing me a lot. How can I fix this issue quickly. Please suggest. Thanks in advance!
Scn-013.pw is a very dangerous browser hijacker which carries malicious as well as insecure code along with it, and when got inside the compromised machine, it drops them inside the machine. This very threat has been designed by the web criminals with sole intension to inject advertisements with the web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Explorer. Scn-013.pw has been introduced to create various annoying popups to support its affiliate websites and generate revenue for the criminals. This very browser infection after getting inserted into affected computer, it changes whole computer interface and also alter browser homepage and DNS configuration as well. You will see Scn-013.pw is added with the new tab windows, and whenever you click on it, frequently you will get diverted to phishing sites or dubious sites which are not reliable and may drop harmful threats inside your computer.
Whats more, each time when you get connected with the internet, Scn-013.pw will appear to you with a new tab and thus hampers your browsing experience. Its presence will make your computer act very slow, weird and sluggish. It is capable to corrupt windows registry editor and damages all windows files. Meanwhile, it puts your PC at very high risk and increases system vulnerability to the high extent. This lets cyber criminals to steal your confidential information, private data, sensitive details, crucial information etc. and generate illegal profit. You need to be alert when got hit by Scn-013.pw and should take immediate step to delete this infection at the earliest and ensure system protection.
Manual Steps to Remove Scn-013.pw From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Scn-013.pw related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Scn-013.pw completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Scn-013.pw related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Scn-013.pw and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Scn-013.pw
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Scn-013.pw related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Scn-013.pw related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Scn-013.pw related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Scn-013.pw related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Scn-013.pw from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.