Are you facing sudden slow down of computer? Is your search results being redirected on vicious sites? Have you noticed your replaced search engine page or homepage? If all of the symptoms found on your PC then it is very clear that a PUP named SpicySEARCH attacked on your system. It makes PC useless. So if you are thinking that how to remove it from infected machine then kindly follow the below given elimination methods which is at the end of the post.
SpicySEARCH : Technical Aspects
PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Showing too much ads or pop-ups, redirections, fake links, slow PC etc.
Bundles of freeware or shareware, corrupt links, intrusive advertisements etc.
You Should Know Annoying Things About SpicySEARCH
SpicySEARCH is a deceptive program which falls under PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) category. It installed on your system along with the installation of freeware or shareware of third party software. Once this PUP gets inside of system then it creates unbearable PC problems into it. After installation it makes changes into system settings to start automatically with every boot of the compromised PC as a system startup program. Then it attack on your browsers to make changes into settings to make redirects on harmful sites or replaces your search page to "http://status77.ampxsearch.com/?q=search_term". It gives you modified search results and divert you on suspicious looking webpages. It also makes system performance very dull due to excess uses of system resources into unknown process that is running in background of the machine. It also injects too many advertisements or pop-ups into your browsers that bothers you all the time whenever you go online.
It alters system settings to check registry editor to do make system deep damage. Normally this SpicySEARCH kinds of PUPs has been designed to get access to your system to make changes into your system settings to steal your sensitive information and make redirects on severe pages. Most of the time this may hit your system while you installing a new program on your system downloading from third party website because they do not show their list of programs and intend to install additional program along with the source one. So you should always use "Custom or Advanced" screen on it.
Hence you should follow the below given manual removal steps to remove SpicySEARCH from infected system. If you wanted to do it automatically with the helps of software then you should use a trusted anti-malware on it to do it easily. Then after you can easily work on system efficiently.
Step:1 Remove SpicySEARCH or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for SpicySEARCH or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall SpicySEARCH or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove SpicySEARCH
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of SpicySEARCH from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall SpicySEARCH
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by SpicySEARCH will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of SpicySEARCH
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from SpicySEARCH in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against SpicySEARCH
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting SpicySEARCH while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and SpicySEARCH Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from SpicySEARCH
How to Block SpicySEARCH Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still SpicySEARCH exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about SpicySEARCH Removal