Can anyone help me to remove Trojan.CrimsonRat completely from the system. I really don't have any idea when and how it sneaked in my PC. Now, it has created havoc for me and doesn't allow to perform any task on time. I have noticed lots of unknown processes in the task manager. I terminate them but it comes back automatically after some time. If you have any idea about the removal process of Trojan.CrimsonRat then please help me. Thank you so much in advance.
Trojan.CrimsonRat is a vicious Trojan infection which has recently detected by several users in Windows based PC. In very less time after detection, it has damaged millions of PC across the world. Trojan.CrimsonRat is capable to exploit the vulnerabilities of the system and gain its full control by changing the default settings. In the early phase, it can disable the working of updated anti-virus program and other PC securities. This threat works from background and carries ability to execute itself automatically when you will start the PC. It can drop bogus codes in the registry editor and corrupt the stored documents. Thus, you should try to remove Trojan.CrimsonRat quickly after detection.
The ill-effects of Trojan.CrimsonRat can conduct changes ion the default settings of the PC without the users consent. It tries to increase the CPU usage by creating fake processes in the task manager. Thus, you will notice degradation in the running speed and regular crashing of the operating system. Besides this, it works for the cyber crooks and helps them to earn illegal profits. It is designed in such a way which can keep its eyes on your online session and steal all the credential informations related to the bank accounts or credit cards. Therefore, if you have detected any of the symptoms of Trojan.CrimsonRat then don't waste a single moment in removing it permanently from the PC.
Steps to Remove Trojan.CrimsonRat
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.CrimsonRat
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.CrimsonRat
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.CrimsonRat and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.CrimsonRat
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.CrimsonRat and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.CrimsonRat. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.CrimsonRat related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.CrimsonRat, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.CrimsonRat Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.CrimsonRat Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.CrimsonRat and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.CrimsonRat Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.CrimsonRat and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.CrimsonRat Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.CrimsonRat, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!