My Windows PC has been attacked by Trojan.HostsChanger. I am using licensed version of antivirus program then how the threat can invade in the system. In fact, I removed the threat with my security tool but don't know how it comes back again. I am noticing lots of changes in the default settings of the system and suspicious files at different locations. I can't understand how can I solve such issues? If you have any idea about Trojan.HostsChanger then please help me in removing it permanently from the PC.
Trojan.HostsChanger is classified as Trojan infection which should not be allowed to stay for long time in the system. It have capability to exploit the vulnerabilities to sneak in the targeted system and makes it compromised. Trojan.HostsChanger posses harmful impacts on the system efficiency and disables the working of various installed softwares including the security tools. You may detect some unwanted changes in the default settings of the PC including privacy settings, Host file system, DNS configurations, desktop background and many more. It becomes a hectic task for the users to work normally on the system as most of the installed programs will stop responding and generate warning alerts. Thus, Trojan.HostsChanger should not be ignored for long time in the Windows system.
You need to know that Trojan.HostsChanger is created by the cyber crooks with an aim to earn illicit profits. It can make use of keylogger to record the keystrokes of the users when they type any sensitive details related to their bank accounts, passwords, user names, credit card information and many more. Additionally, it will allow the third party hackers to use your data for illegal purpose. Besides this, you will experience slow down in the running speed of all the basic functions of the PC in which opening a file will also take more time than usual. It will be also difficult for the users to install the latest version of applications as it shows the message of insufficient memory space. So, what are you looking for, if you don't want to face the aforesaid problems then you need to remove Trojan.HostsChanger immediately once detected in the system.
How to Remove Trojan.HostsChanger from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.HostsChanger from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.HostsChanger using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.HostsChanger
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.HostsChanger.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.HostsChanger from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.HostsChanger and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.HostsChanger and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.HostsChanger and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.HostsChanger and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.HostsChanger Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.HostsChanger to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.HostsChanger named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.HostsChanger entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.HostsChanger, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.