I have Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 on my new Windows 8 computer. It has infected my PC two days ago when I copying movies from my friend's pen drive. I have tried to remove Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 from my computer but it came back again. I have removed this virus twice but every time it get back to my PC. My PC working very slow and freezes very often. I have no idea how to remove Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 virus from my computer. Please help me to get rid of this threat completely.
Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 is a malicious Trojan infection. It is a severe threat for all Windows computers. This nasty computer infection can easily intrude your PC without permission and leads to several problems. Once installed on your computer, this cunning malware infection will perform several malevolent activities into your system that will downgrade the speed and performance of your machine. It will firstly disable the security related programs on your computer like anti-virus and firewall. Then after this notorious Trojan virus will also replicate into your machine and distribute its malign copies to different system files and folders. Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 can also infect your registry editor to create some new entries that helps this threat in getting automatically started on your system. It can also get back into your machine after removal by using those registry keys.
Most often Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 get inside your computer bundled with free third party programs and infected USB drive. So you must be careful while downloading any free program from Internet and injecting any USB drive to your system. Apart from this, it may also distributed through spam email and network file sharing. Once downloaded to your system, this nasty PC threat can also bring similar threats and malware to your system without permission. Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 has the main motive to steal your personal details. It can collect all your private and sensitive information including your bank account details, credit card number, IP and mac address etc. This dubious threat can send those details to hackers for making illegal profit. It can also open backdoor on your system for other threats and malware. It is very important to delete Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 from your computer as early as possible.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0 Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Win32.Generic!SB.0, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!