Since last couple of days, I am receiving alerts that my PC has been infected with Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl. To detect the threats, I ran full scanning in the system and found lots of infectious threats in the scanning report. Then I tried to quarantined the threat but an unknown error occurred and the process gets crashed after few minutes. Now, I am unable to perform any activity on the system and the running speed is becoming extremely sluggish. Can you please help me to remove Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl permanently from the Windows PC?
Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl is a harmful Trojan infection which does not require users approval to penetrate in the system. Mostly, it attacks different versions of the Windows PC and have capability to exploit the vulnerabilities. In the early stage, Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl will conduct changes in the default privacy settings, desktop background, DNS configurations, DLL files etc of the system even without the users knowledge. Its presence will slow the performance speed of the all the basic functions of the system which includes start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing applications, Internet connection etc. Whats more, this threat can also modify the registry entries with suspicious codes or payloads. It will also generate unwanted icons, files or folders at different location of the system. You will also detect changes in the contents or extensions of the stored files. Hence, if you detect any of the symptoms of Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl then don't waste a single moment in removing it permanently.
The ill-effects of Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl can boost the CPU usage by generating unwanted processes in the task manager when all the programs are closed. Additionally, when you will try to install new applications then it will generate the message of insufficient memory. This threat is extremely powerful which can disable the working of updated antivirus as well as Windows Firewall. Apart from this, it will also affect your personal identity and carries ability to steal all the sensitive details which you type while making online transactions. Moreover, it will also open a backdoor in the system and allow the third party hackers for unauthorized access of your personal data. Thus, it is essential for the users to detect and remove Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl immediately if it is available in your PC.
How to Remove Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan: Win32/Gatrid.E!cl, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.