I have got Troj/Tepfer-E vris on my PC while transferring some data on my computer through my USB drive. I forgot to scan the drive before exploring the files. When I started copying the data, my anti-virus showed an alert that Troj/Tepfer-E virus found on your computer. I immediately scanned the USB drive and removed that virus. When I restarted my machine, Troj/Tepfer-E was again there. I made a complete scan of my PC and removed Troj/Tepfer-E but it again get back to my PC. What should I do now? How to remove this virus permanently from my computer?
Troj/Tepfer-E is a nasty computer infection. It is brutal PC threat that belongs to Trojan family. This noxious malware infection is able to infect any of the Windows based computer system easily. This nasty threat normally get spread through infected USB drives and bundled with free third party programs. This dubious threat can also infect your system when you browse to malicious websites, open spam or junk email attachment and share files on unsafe websites. Once getting inside the targeted machine, this perilous threat will start doing lots of malicious activities on the infected PC. Your system will get really slow and often stop responding. Troj/Tepfer-E will also delete important system programs, data and files. It can block legitimate program that can result into unexpected errors and problems.
Troj/Tepfer-E can also disable your anti-virus program to make it self safe into your machine. It also replicate into your system and spread its malicious copies into different system files and folders. It will create unwanted copies and shortcuts of your files. This perilous threat also manages its auto start in your system by injecting its malicious codes to the registry editor. Those dubious registry keys also help this threat in getting back into your machine after removal. Troj/Tepfer-E also download other harmful threats and malware on your system without your consent or approval. It will completely destroy your system speed and performance. Apart from this, it can also steal your private information like your bank account and credit card number, IP address, login details, passwords etc. and send to hackers. It can also create backdoor into your system for other threats and invaders. You are advised to remove Troj/Tepfer-E soon from your computer.
Steps to Remove Troj/Tepfer-E
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Troj/Tepfer-E
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Troj/Tepfer-E
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Troj/Tepfer-E and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Troj/Tepfer-E
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Troj/Tepfer-E and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Troj/Tepfer-E. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Troj/Tepfer-E related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Troj/Tepfer-E, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Troj/Tepfer-E Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Troj/Tepfer-E Running Processes.
- Right Click on Troj/Tepfer-E and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Troj/Tepfer-E Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Troj/Tepfer-E and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Troj/Tepfer-E Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Troj/Tepfer-E, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!