Are you finding a guide to eliminate Wyvern Ransomware from your affected system then you do not do more things just follow the below given step by step guidance to clean your computer from ransom virus infection.
Wyvern Ransomware is a new havoc for your system
Wyvern Ransomware is a latest variant of the BTCWare Ransomware was discovered by the researchers that also detect samples of ID-Ransomware's that appends ".email-id-id.wyvern" file extension to encrypted files. The makers of BTCWare Ransomware family is distributed to your computers that has been secured with weak passwords using Remote Desktop services. Once it able to gain access to your system they install the ransom virus executable on it and encrypts your files. This new variant is almost similar to previous released version of BTCware. It uses the very same encryption mechanism and the ransom note is still named as "HELP.hta". A major difference is the contact email which is changed as "[email protected]". The next remarkable thing is that the file extension appended to the encrypted files. With this new variant when a file is enciphered by the ransom virus then it modifies the file name and then append new above mentioned file extension to the compromised files.
How did you infected by Wyvern Ransomware?
Ransomware like Wyvern Ransomware are distributed in various ways. However, the very most common method of infiltration into your system by using spam email attachments that carries infected files and download executable on your system without your knowledge and rapidly activated on the entire system, download contents from unofficial sources, sending files using peer to peer networks, fake software updates, sharing of files on social media or suspicious sites and so on. You can unknowingly run malicious codes or infected macros on system which is capable to infect your system. If you visit several unauthorized and suspicious sites then it may drop malware into your system and you may got infected with the ransom virus. Many of infected links might also causes infection attack.
Easy ways to eliminate Wyvern Ransomware from your system?
As you read above about its consequences and how dangerous it can be so its better to you to remove Wyvern Ransomware soon by using a trusted anti-malware on your system. If you want to do it automatically then follow the below given methods of removal and restore data.
Remove Wyvern Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Wyvern Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Wyvern Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Wyvern Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Wyvern Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Wyvern Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Wyvern Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Wyvern Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Wyvern Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.