XSETUP.EXE is an exe file and comes under the trojan virus associated with the OptSim and created for the Windows operating system. The latest version is 188.8.131.52. it was firstly created for the Windows NT 184.108.40.206. the exe error occurs when the computer programs get started or the specific functions are used by the users.
Distribution method of the XSETUP.EXE
When you transfer the files from unsafe network or peer to peer file transfer occurs, it leads to the virus penetration problems. The junk mail attachments also contains the malign code which invade the computer when it get opened by the user. The other methods by which XSETUP.EXE get enters quickly into the computer are bundled with free software, clicking on unknown link, visiting nasty sites and so on. Clicking on unknown link is the vital method by which the malign programmed code get enter into the computer. These kind of techniques are use to boost up the fake traffic by which hackers can gain profit.
Symptoms of XSETUP.EXE
- Various kinds of pop-ups and messages starts to display – Lots of messages and popups starts to display on your desktop and tell you that your PC is infected and needs the immediate protection.
- Computer starts to run extremely slow – The system stores other viruses and starts to run slowly. It consume various resources.
- Application get corrupted or won't begins – Your application get stopped and other application starts to run due to the XSETUP.EXE this symptoms indicate that something is wrong with your system.
- Internet connection get stop or run very slow – You might face trouble when you starts your net connection. Loss of internet acces occurs due to this XSETUP.EXE.
- Various kinds of Windows and unrequested browsers starts to display – This trojan virus designed to redirect traffic to the certain sites without any permission of users.
- Files get deleted automatically – This virus is also capable to delete or move the documents one place to another.
- Antivirus disappeared and firewall get disabled – This trojan virus is able to disable the firewall protection and the antivirus protection. In such situation your software program may get failure in the system.
Malicious activities of the XSETUP.EXE
XSETUP.EXE once get entered into the system, it starts its malicious activities. The hackers get the advantages of this trojan virus after entering this. It connect to the remote server and helps hackers to monitor inside the system's activities. They hack your all important information to gain their profit. If you need the protection of your PC from this kind of malicious activities you can follow the guideline below.
Steps to Delete XSETUP.EXE
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove XSETUP.EXE from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find XSETUP.EXE Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete XSETUP.EXE virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete XSETUP.EXE Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for XSETUP.EXE Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to XSETUP.EXE
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete XSETUP.EXE from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find XSETUP.EXE related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by XSETUP.EXE and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by XSETUP.EXE
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with XSETUP.EXE that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of XSETUP.EXE using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect XSETUP.EXE.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!