Are you getting an error messages like ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ and you fail to access your computer then definitely a data encrypting Trojan has been attacked on your system named ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker. To know more about this read the article below.
Know more about ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker
Recently a new malware has been found that has the ability to encrypt the users data and demand the ransom in order to decrypt it. ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker is identified as a data encrypting Trojan which hold a ransomware property. It display a fake security screen that stated to the users, your PC has been locked due to unusual activity is being detected on the your system. Later on, it said to the users to call a Microsoft system expert to get the unlock key and then unlock the system. It is similar to the ‘Your Windows has been locked’ Ransomware. Both of them has been developed by the hackers to take full control over the users PC. It delivers a warning message on the user’s system and then instruct the users to complete an action if they want to access your system again. After that all the keyboard shortcuts are disabled
Variants of ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker are developed by TeamAgnot
‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker may not be same as Ransoc Screenlocker but it gets delivered in the same way through corrupted links and Spam or Junk emails. Security experts noted that this data encrypting Trojan may be represent to the users like a remote PC tool named “Agnot Viewer” and featured with the publisher name “Team Agnot” and execute on Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit systems. The files associated with it are following :
Researchers reported that the developers of this encrypting malware may marketed with an outdated certificated of Windows to trick the users and code that developed into Windows 7 and other updated versions of the Windows. When it gets activated then the users can see a blue screen featured with a text note written in red and white colors. The content of the message can be read as :
You can jump to the second screen after enter the unlock code “123456”. This step would trick the malware into a thought that you paid the fee for the unlock code and then it provide you a program window that is colored in red and the message is :
Experts have a doubt that ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker may be a part of the technical support counterfeit. So be careful while opening a spam email which may featured with popular websites logos. You can remove ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker by using a trusted anti-malware on the computer. Many of the antivirus detected it as :
A: How To Remove ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker related items from list.
A Tutorial Guide To Get Rid of ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker
B: How to Restore ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by ‘Your Windows Hasbeen Banned’ Screenlocker with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.