After activation, Zepto Ransomware silently search personal files of user on compromised computer including local drives, attached external drives and mapped network drives. The ransomware virus creat a list of files and start encryption of files with combination of AES 128 and RSA 2048 cipher. During file encryption, the ransomware entirely change the name and file extension with xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.zepto pattern. On an infected computer, victims notice a new desktop background image _help_Instructions.bmp which is also a ransom reminder. _Help_Instruction.html has been also created by this ransomware in every folder where files get encryption. These ransom notes instruct users on infected computer to make payment on certain amount within a time limit. What you should do when files get encrypted by Zepto Ransomware? Generally users do not have any idea to remove Zepto Ransomware and decrypt their files so they try to get Zepto decrypter by making payment of demanded ransom amount. Victims remains unaware with the fact that after receiving payment, cyber criminals behind this ransomware generally refuse to provide any decryption key or tool. The following guide will help users to remove Zepto Ransomware and recover files with .Zepto extension.
Remove Zepto Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Zepto Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Zepto Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Zepto Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Zepto Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Zepto Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Zepto Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Zepto Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Zepto Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.