MoonCryptor Ransomware – Inspection Report
MoonCryptor Ransomware is a data encoder program, first appeared over the cyber space in the middle of August 2017. Please note that it is totally different from M0on ransomware which was first discovered in November 2016. Just right after intrusion, it starts scanning your local disk and connected drives to map files that could be encrypted. Next, it utilizes an AES cipher just like Dharma and Luckitus ransomware and starts encrypting your files without your consent. Further, you see a ransom note onto your desktop asking you to pay off ransom to cyber thieves. The ransomware also corrupts your data and makes them totally inaccessible. The note also provide information regarding how to purchase bitcoin and how to contact threat actors to get Private key (decryption password) that could decipher your files with ease.
Your are not advised to contact them since they are con artists, you can to have faith on them. Lets have a look at future – what will happen with you when you decide to make ransom payment. First, you will find difficulties while purchasing Bitcoins because you will have to use TOR browsers to access Bitcoin sever and make payment. Next, you will not get any solid evidence that could be helpful for tracking the transaction. Thus, you won't be able to take any legal action against them. Furthermore, you should know that your files are enciphered with AES-256, either you can wait or try alternative data recovery guides to get back your files.
Restoring files without paying off ransom to MoonCryptor Ransomware developers
First method that you should try for restoring your '.FMOON' extension files is – System restore point and another one is Master decryption key released against MoonCryptor Ransomware by AV vendors. Please note that if you have created a system restore point before the MoonCryptor Ransomware attack then you get back your files and system settings to that day when your computer was virus free. It means you will have access to your data with ease. Next, in case the ransomware encryption method is broken out then you can download the Master decryption key or software from official websites of various AV vendors.
Finally, we recommend you to avoid double clicking spam email attachments and keep your security measures up-to-date to prevent ransomware attacks. Now, you should remove MoonCryptor Ransomware using following guide:
How To Remove MoonCryptor Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all MoonCryptor Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out MoonCryptor Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the MoonCryptor Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.