My system got hit by SamSam Ransomware recently. It has infected all my files and make them unusable. Now I am unable to access any of my data stored on my machine. SamSam Ransomware is demanding ransom to unlock my data. I have no idea how me PC got infected by this ransomware infection. When I try to open any of my file, SamSam Ransomware throw a message that your files are encrypted and you need to pay to get the decryption key. I am in a big problem and don't know how to get out of it. Please help me to remove SamSam Ransomware and recover my files.
SamSam Ransomware is a malicious ransmoware infection that invade the targeted PC silently and encrypt the stored data. This dubious file encrypting virus can encrypt your entire data and force you to pay the ransom money. It has been mainly created by cyber crooks to attack the unharmed PC silently and extort money fro the innocent users. It will take your files on hostage and demand ransom to give you the decryption key. This cunning malware infection will also leave a ransom note on your computer screen regrading the encryption notice. SamSam Ransomware will also ask you to pay the ransom within give time otherwise your files will get permanently deleted. It can lock all types of files including images, audios, videos, ppt, doc, xls, pdf and many more.
SamSam Ransomware normally attack your computer through spam email attachments. It may also get into your machine via spam email attachments, suspicious websites, peer to peer file sharing and other methods. Once this nasty threat get the access of your computer, it will completely downgrade your PC. You will not be able to perform any task on your system. It will not allow you to access any of your files. SamSam Ransomware has the only motive to trick your money. This nasty Ransomware infection will not release your files after paying the ransom. In most of the cases ransomware infection deletes the original files and only keep their encrypted copy. So it is not suggested to pay the ransom. You must remove SamSam Ransomware completely from your PC.
How To Remove SamSam Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all SamSam Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out SamSam Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the SamSam Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.