"How can I eliminate Search.yourmediatabsearch.com from my web browser permanently? The suspicious website appeared on my web browser's default page unknowingly and very stubborn while removal. I attempted many times to delete Search.yourmediatabsearch.com from web browser settings but without success. Anti virus program has not detected Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related threat but I am experiencing weired changes like display of pop-ups on web browser and degraded performance of my Windows 7 64 bit PC. Need in help to remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com from my PC."
Search.yourmediatabsearch.com has a very simple interface with few short cuts seems like a search engine but it is not so in actual. It is a malicious website which only pretends like a search engine but it perform to cheat online users. The malicious codes of this program has been written by unknown cyber criminals but goals are very clear. The program has developed to keep eyes on user's web browsing activities and steal information that could help cyber criminals for hacking and perform other online scams. Search.yourmediatabsearch.com browser hijacker program can enter into your online computer without your consent or permission. It comes bundled with free downloads and employ stealthy installation method. The user remains unaware that some additional programs are also getting installation in hidden form. Any online user may also get this browser hijacker infection while surfing unwarily on illegal or hacked websites, clicking by the links on suspicious pop-ups and via Spam emails. Spam emails have been in use since a long time to spread malware and computer viruses but online user yet come in hoax. Opening of such an email attachment which is served by developers of Search.yourmediatabsearch.com, can cause this browser hijacker infection on your computer.
So you may receive Search.yourmediatabsearch.com browser hijacker infection on your computer by any one of deceptive and stealthy installation methods. What happens if Search.yourmediatabsearch.com get success to take over your web browser? If the browser hijacker remains on your computer then with time it make your computer and web browser vulnerable and very unsafe for all kind of operations. The browser hijacker infection makes several changes to your web browser to allow other malicious websites, pop-ups, unwanted web redirections and infections too. It blocks firewall and anti virus security on your computer, so with time your PC get maximum infections. It also steals your personal identifiable, confidential logging details, credit/debit card details, passwords/pins etc. in favor of third parties and cyber criminals. The malicious program can cause serious damages to your computer, loss of data, theft of information and supports in severe cyber crime so you should immediately get rid of Search.yourmediatabsearch.com browser hijacker infection if you care your PC and online privacy.
Manual Steps to Remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Search.yourmediatabsearch.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Search.yourmediatabsearch.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Search.yourmediatabsearch.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Search.yourmediatabsearch.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Search.yourmediatabsearch.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.