Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 is regarded as an irritating threat which has been introduced or created by team of online criminals whose main purpose is to damage your compromise system aggressively. It is a kind of notorious trojan virus which can propagate through several methods such as suspicious web pages, reading spam attachments, shareware downloads and many others. As long as this trojan threat is infiltrated into the system then Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 will change the default new tab, home page and search provider settings without any authorization or consent of victim. After that, it can activate automatically on the system background when you restart or turn on the PC every seconds. Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 is really very vindictive and stubborn infection which makes various modifications to the PC's valuable files, registry entries and also creates specific files with unknown names on the computer.
On the other side, it usually arrives together along with bunch of high level threats such as spyware, malware, rogue applications, rootkits and many others. At this same times, when you search any information on the internet then it starts displays lots of perilous pop-up ads and fake warning error notifications on the system screen. You should attempt to access these type of pop-ups or error messages related to Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 because it has ability to redirect the web pages to vicious or strange web pages. Apart from these mischievous activities, it may lead large amount of CPU resources and also deactivate the working of different security programs. To protect your system with this malevolent threat then you should take immediate action in order to get rid of Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 as constantly as possible.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Shunnael!gen1
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Shunnael!gen1
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Shunnael!gen1. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Shunnael!gen1 Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Shunnael!gen1, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!