How do I uninstall BackDoor.TeamViewer ?? I look regular and very intrusive pop-up ads from BackDoor.TeamViewer and many other types of online advertising on my browser. My anti-virus also ask about this threat, but are not able to remove BackDoor.TeamViewer malicious program on my computer. It has created havoc on my computer. How can I block this pesky threat ? Please help me to remove BackDoor.TeamViewer on my Windows 7 computer.
BackDoor.TeamViewer is a deceptive program which has been classified in the series of trojan family. This harmful infection can install itself into your system without any consent. After this, some good security experts have defined as a very dangerous malware and categorized as an adware infection. The program can infect all versions of Windows computer and expert cyber criminals have designed this adware program with such advances anti removal techniques and rootkit method that gives it a longer life on any computer, even when an anti-virus program is activated. BackDoor.TeamViewer has developed to spy on users Internet session and steal confidential information. It is also exploit vulnerabilities and bring several other harmful infections on the compromised computer.
BackDoor.TeamViewer coming into your targeted computer with spam e-mail as an attachment or as an additional program within packed freeware. As bad practices of the user to open spam e-mail attachment or carelessly downloads of freeware can infect your computer with this vile BackDoor.TeamViewer program. After activation, this awful threat may make harmful changes to your web browser settings and make the security system of your PC vulnerable. Thus many other malware can easily attack on your computer. The so-called adware also steal and export browser history, keyword, log information about online accounts, personal identifying and payment card information to a remote server where cyber culprits utilize this information to unethical gain of money through hacking or provide information to third parties. The procedure for removal mentioned in this post that allows you to get rid of BackDoor.TeamViewer on your computer.
Steps to Remove BackDoor.TeamViewer
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate BackDoor.TeamViewer
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by BackDoor.TeamViewer
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by BackDoor.TeamViewer and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by BackDoor.TeamViewer
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by BackDoor.TeamViewer and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to BackDoor.TeamViewer. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the BackDoor.TeamViewer related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by BackDoor.TeamViewer, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate BackDoor.TeamViewer Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the BackDoor.TeamViewer Running Processes.
- Right Click on BackDoor.TeamViewer and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove BackDoor.TeamViewer Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by BackDoor.TeamViewer and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete BackDoor.TeamViewer Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove BackDoor.TeamViewer, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!