Hey there, I cannot find any certain removal tips to eliminate Trojan.Extenbro from system. I am using Windows 8 machine from few days. Each time whenever I try to use my antivirus or some cleaner applications to remove its related temp files then I no luck, this trojan bug comes again in forms of several unknown executable files. I just notice these fake files highly occupies hard disk spaces. Trojan.Extenbro really irritates me for long period. Anyone advice me what should I do to delete this pesky threat completely ?
What is Trojan.Extenbro
Trojan.Extenbro is a recently classified trojan threat which is distributed through over the malign vulnerabilities. Such annoying bug may deceptively modify the home page, new tab or other functions of web browsers without giving any notice. When it gets inside your machine successfully then it typically damages the important files and registry entries. If Trojan.Extenbro longer presents in your system then you can encounter more and more unnecessary components which are running in the background severely. Besides this, this harmful threat may run suddenly in the background when you attempt to start or boot up your system machine. After this, it may communicate with remote server to drops many horrible bugs and steals your cookies items, search keywords or other useful surfing information.
When your system is bing invaded, it may use lots of rootkit techniques to quickly records the internet browsing histories and steals your various confidential information for other malevolent activities. Meanwhile, Trojan.Extenbro is capable to replicate itself and accidentally embeds lots of malicious copies to the targeted system. It will take control the default settings of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and some others. Moreover, this nasty trojan infection severely delivers large number of suspicious files to the internal spaces, so that it largely takes up the hard disk spaces. You feel very very difficulty when you try to block Trojan.Extenbro from your entire machine. It will deactivate the overall functions of antivirus tools and also compromises the system security settings. Therefore, you need to take effective removal actions to get rid of Trojan.Extenbro from your system as early as possible.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Extenbro
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Extenbro
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Extenbro
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Extenbro and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Extenbro
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Extenbro and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Extenbro. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Extenbro related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Extenbro, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Extenbro Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Extenbro Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Extenbro and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Extenbro Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Extenbro and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Extenbro Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Extenbro, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!