Hi Guys, I have cleaned up my computer machine few minutes ago, but when its cleanup process is complete I just got a variant of infectious pop-up stuffs linked with PUP.Optional.OApp. Now, I am stumbled with these numerous pop-up things that keeps coming out in my computer screen without my any permission. These related infections driving me very crazy. After sometimes, my security tools are totally disabled. I don't know how PUP.Optional.OApp enters in my system. Please tell me some advisable removal steps by which I can easily delete PUP.Optional.OApp from my system as soon as possible. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
PUP.Optional.OApp is a deceptive PUP that is developed by online criminals to generates bunch of terrible issues on the system without seeking any authorization or consent. In some ways, this potential application may damage our prominent computer files and start up sections like registry entries , desktop images and some others. It may compromise your system security settings and blocks to access your installed legit programs. When you visit your favourite web pages, you will see that your entire web pages are constantly flooded with lots of severe ads, banner pop-ups, promo deals, alerts, specific video ads and some others. Any casual click on any of the adverts powered by PUP.Optional.OApp, you will be immediately rerouted to some suspicious websites that are full of high risk threats.
Further, there are various unknown add-ons, extensions or toolbars would be embedded in your system browsers randomly without letting you know. PUP.Optional.OApp may affect your various versions of web browsers and bombard victim's PC screen with lots of commercial pop-up alerts and multifarious infections. After this, when you may receive a plenty of fake update notifications on your system screen. In some stumble situation, its cyber spammers may be take huge advantage to exploits many irrelevant vulnerabilities to induces spyware, rootkits, keyloggers or other severe infections. This unknown program is used to assist suspicious authors to invades your sensitive data remotely. PUP.Optional.OApp may crash down your system by dropping your number of nefarious threats. So, to protect your system and previous privacy, it is better to uninstall PUP.Optional.OApp quickly.
Learn To Remove PUP.Optional.OApp Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.Optional.OApp Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.Optional.OApp Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.Optional.OApp related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.Optional.OApp On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.Optional.OApp from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.