Facts About Skun
Skun has been notified as a catastrophic backdoor Trojan infection which do have capability of being utilized as a potent source for gaining access to the targeted PC without it's owner consent. Being compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS, this infection have been reported targeted PC users across the entire world independently. The developers of this infection most probably employs spam bots and social engineering tactics regarding it's wide propagation among the user's PC. In this tactics, Skun Trojan is provided as a ZIP file attached to spam email associated with events promoted on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Most usually samples of spam emails being loaded with this Trojan infection are customized to includes logos from several authentic companies and a short a brief invitation to download the attached file regarding more information on the subject.
So, in this situation majority of the users have been reported highly curious to open the corrupted ZIP file and accordingly installing the above mentioned Trojan infection in their PC. It has been noted by security analysts that this stubborn infection makes use of invalid and outdated digital certificates for the purpose of preventing itself from being detected by Windows and initial runtime analysis by security scanners. This threat on acquiring perforation inside the PC, first of all hist it's primary executable in the Windows directory. Along with that it also brings alterations in the system Registry Entries for the gentle motto of gaining a reboot persistence. Actually the main objective of this threat is to register itself as a service and then run with Windows. In this way it makes itself enable to survive a restart and enables the remote hackers for logging into the compromised PC remotely every time whenever the system get turned on.
Additionally, Skun also includes potential of installing hooks into the Windows kernel and tracking the user's keyboard and mouse input. Aside from this, it also resets the Script.ini file used by the mIRC Internet Relay Chat Client. This enables the attackers to preview a copy of the user's conversation on the network. This often leads to the violation of the user's privacy issues also. This menacing Trojan infection has been reported marked by numerous distinct names by several AV vendors. Some of them are listed below :
Backdoor.Skun!7SbYJQK0TA4 BackDoor.Generic13.BDMK Backdoor.Skun!7SbYJQK0TA4 Backdoor.Win32.Skun!IK Artemis!887A6859C3AB Backdoor.Win32.Skun.a W32/Skun.A!tr.bdr
Harmful Impacts of Skun In PC
- It sneaks secretly inside the user's PC without taking their approval.
- It changes the default system settings as well as the registry settings in order to affect it's overall performance.
- It breaks the firewall and other security measures installed in the system. This leads to the creation of backdoor entrances for online threats.
- Skun propagate it's replicated copies in each and every folder present on the compromised system's hard drive.
- It via making the existing applications unresponsive, deteriorates the system's speed badly.
- It records the user's private stuff and transmit it to the cyber hackers regarding execution of unethical practices.
Thus, to keep the PC away from all such terrible issues as well as to make effective usage of PC, an urgent eradication of Skun is needed.
How to Remove Skun from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Skun from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Skun using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Skun
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Skun.
Step3: How to Uninstall Skun from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Skun and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Skun and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Skun and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Skun and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Skun Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Skun to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Skun named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Skun entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Skun, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.