I was really feeling good while reading my favorite article on my laptop. Randomly a pop-up error message comes on screen and suggest to close the system immediately to system security. I ignored the pop-up and continues with the articles in which I was deeply involve. Suddenly my laptop gets shutdown which really horrified me. After that I immediately tried to start it in which I get success but the anti-viur program start alerting about the presence of Agent2.ATXC and removal. I tried to take few steps against it but none of them worked. Now the the situation has become serious and unpleasant.
Its really very bad to interact with issues mentioned above or get infected with malware program like Agent2.ATXC. You are informed that this malware is as trojan horse which is liable to turn Windows PC completely useless.
Name of the Threat: Agent2.ATXC
Threat Category: Trojan
Targeting OS: Window OS
Top Infected Countries: USA (Un cleared)
Threat Ranking: Under 1000
Severity Level: HIGH
No Of Infection Detected: Not Available
Detail Information Of Agent2.ATXC
As mentioned above, Agent2.ATXC is a trojan, having very high severity level. It is being detected by the malware researchers of different PC security Center such as Microsoft and other. They have deals with this hazardous trojan very sharply and disclosed number of fact. They have mentioned that its author has written it by using high level coding language and tricky algorithm. This one is specially designed and developed to create issues only with Windows PC, including those have well security against the threat. And in a very few days it has gained good ranking among the noxious thereat. Now you can understand its severity very well. Windows PC user from various part of the globe are still registering its related issues with the PC security center. This one is responsible to ruin the targeted PC in a very short time interval.
Ways By Which Agent2.ATXC Sneaks In PC
Now a question must raise in your mind that how this threat comes in PC and ruin it completely. The answer is little bit complicated but not impossible. Expert has disclosed some of the ways by which this threat comes in laptop or systems are as follows:
E-mail Attachment: Its author has send this threat with e-mail attachment having lucrative subject Lines.
Bundled Of Free Download Application: Also bind or embed with those program which are legit but available completely free.
Hijacked Websites: Websites which has already get infected by malware or got hijacked by spammers can also be one of its source.
In-text Link / Hyperlink: Text with link in different web pages are also responsible to download it in system.
Fake Alert / Warning Message: Continuing with fake alert / warning message also pour it in PC.
Removable Device / Peer to peer networking: Both of the source are also the known source for bringing this threat.
Affect Of Agent2.ATXC On PC
As this one succeed to get into PC does changes in various setting such as registry, system files, firewall, installed application (browser, media player, anti-malware program etc). Along with this it also weaken the security shield by creating loophole or back door in PC. This noxious trojan also exploit the resource of installed application, CPU and turn them creepy responding. If you involve in online transaction then be careful as it track related data, system information etc and send them to related browser remote server. This one involve PC in more critical situation. Therefore, to get rid of all these issues you are suggested to remove Agent2.ATXC immediately.
Steps to Remove Agent2.ATXC
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Agent2.ATXC
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Agent2.ATXC
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Agent2.ATXC and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Agent2.ATXC
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Agent2.ATXC and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Agent2.ATXC. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Agent2.ATXC related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Agent2.ATXC, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Agent2.ATXC Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Agent2.ATXC Running Processes.
- Right Click on Agent2.ATXC and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Agent2.ATXC Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Agent2.ATXC and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Agent2.ATXC Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Agent2.ATXC, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!