Technical Details on Backdoor.Steladok!g1
- Discovered on: 7 June 2016
- Updated on: 7 June 2016, 9:57:00 AM
- Type: Trojan
- Danger Level: High
- Infection Length: Varies
Get Detailed Information on Backdoor.Steladok!g1
Backdoor.Steladok!g1 is a nasty virus belongs to a very noxious Trojan horse family. Its targets can be the system that run Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8 and Windows 10. It is a malicious virus which is made by the cyber crooks. The con artists use this infection in order to attack innocent PC users so that they can gain illegal profits from those victims. Once the malware sneaks into the targeted system, it can make great chaos onto the entire machine gradually. The users will encounter a lot of issues and troubles during the Internet browsing.
If the Backdoor.Steladok!g1 infection cannot be removed in time, the threat can help many other kinds of notorious PC threats to come and make more severe damages. In one word, if your machine is infected with this Trojan virus, you must take an immediate action to eliminate it. Although, it is quite hard for the system users to prevent this malware from coming inside the computer because the cyber criminals can spread this infection with many ways. The cyber attackers can implant this Backdoor.Steladok!g1 virus to some hacked websites, freeware programs, suspicious links on social media and so on.
Distribution Techniques Used by Backdoor.Steladok!g1
Once the users visited the hacked or insecure web pages, their machine can be targeted by Backdoor.Steladok!g1 infection instantly. What is more, the cyber crooks can bundle this malware with some other freeware programs especially the commonly downloaded ones. The hackers can upload those corrupted applications to the web for user to download. If the people install those rogue programs on their PC, this Trojan can infiltrate the computer at the same time. When it invades the targeted machine, the first thing for this threat is to modify the system's registry quickly.
Malicious Activities of Backdoor.Steladok!g1
In order to be activated from startup, Backdoor.Steladok!g1 can add its malicious data to the registry entries and alter the system settings arbitrarily. The performance of an infected computer can also be slowed down by this threat, as it can occupy the large percent of CPU resources on the background. The web browsers installed on the infected PC can be corrupted as well. During the use, the system users will keep getting intrusive pop-ups and ads. It can disable the firewall protection on the infected machine in order to help other threats to come. So, Backdoor.Steladok!g1 should be removed immediately from compromised PC.
How to Remove Backdoor.Steladok!g1 from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Backdoor.Steladok!g1 from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Backdoor.Steladok!g1 using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Backdoor.Steladok!g1
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Backdoor.Steladok!g1.
Step3: How to Uninstall Backdoor.Steladok!g1 from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Backdoor.Steladok!g1 and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Backdoor.Steladok!g1 and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Backdoor.Steladok!g1 and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Backdoor.Steladok!g1 and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Backdoor.Steladok!g1 Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Backdoor.Steladok!g1 to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Backdoor.Steladok!g1 named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Backdoor.Steladok!g1 entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Backdoor.Steladok!g1, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.