All That is Know About NotToTrack Adware
NotToTrack is a strange program which promises one things and does another thing. According to the security researchers of RMV, it falls into the category of potentially unwanted program and belongs to adware family. The main objective of this application is to exploit infected user's machine in order to fulfill its own needs, so once it gets inside the computer, it starts to carry out plenty of suspicious activities right away. This program can also be found under different name like AnonymizerGadget, so you should look for the components named similarly when seek for its complete removal from your infected machine. In this post, you will find the detailed information on how to delete NotToTrack and its modus operandi as well.
How Does NotToTrack Program Work?
This programs claims to provide content on your system screen at blazing fast speeds and also promises to encrypt the Internet traffic and hide your IP address from the criminal hackers to protect you from data tracking and identity theft. Although, the description of NotToTrack sounds promising, but you should not believe it at all. It is a kind of adware threat which is known for displaying annoying content every time when you browse the web. Even though its creators claim that the program may open third party advertising domain but not more than 2 time in a day, but it does not mean that the infection will not inject its intrusive adverts on the web portals that you visit. You can recognize the adverts displayed by this PUP in the form of banners, pop-ups, in-text links etc.
You should be aware about the misleading advertisements displayed by NotToTrack. However, those adverts can look catchy, but in fact, they are fake ads that can lead you to phishing domains that might infect your PC with other hazardous threats. Some of the redirected domains can be malicious or carry nasty content, so make sure you do not agree to download and install any kind of suggested questionable software or updates belongs to unreliable web sources. Besides, the operators of this adware deny any liability for any type of damages that you might experience by using this application, which makes the program look more shady and unsafe. In this kind of situation, you need to take immediate action to remove NotToTrack safely from your PC.
Step:1 Remove NotToTrack or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for NotToTrack or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall NotToTrack or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove NotToTrack
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of NotToTrack from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall NotToTrack
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by NotToTrack will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of NotToTrack
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from NotToTrack in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against NotToTrack
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting NotToTrack while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and NotToTrack Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from NotToTrack
How to Block NotToTrack Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still NotToTrack exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about NotToTrack Removal