CHIP Ransomware Overview :
CHIP Ransomware is also known as .CHIP Files Virus. According to the security experts and malware researchers, it has been estimated that this ransomware already began causing the successful infections. This ransomware uses highly strong RSA encryption algorithm which as a result develops a unique decryption key for the each encrypted file. After encrypting files, it leaves a CHIP_FILES.TXT on the desktop screen which mentioned the instructions to open a web page and contact the cyber hackers. If your System has been reality infected and encrypted by CHIP Ransomware, then it advised by an expert that you should delete it immediately from your compromised machine. Read this post complete for complete details on how it works and how to remove it.
Threat's Summary :-
- Name :- CHIP Ransomware
- Type :- Ransomware
- Description :- Encrypts all Computer files by using the strong RSA encryption algorithm and releases a unique decryption key.
- Common Symptoms- Encrypts your all stored files and leaves a ransomware note which entitled as CHIP_FILES.TXT.
- Removal :- Possible
Intrusion Method of CHIP Ransomware
Post-Infection Analysis of CHIP Ransomware
Once CHIP Ransomware successfully installed into your PC, it starts to encrypt your all files by using the strong RSA encryption algorithm or Rivest Shamir Adleman. This type of strong cipher algorithm, it alters the core structure of the System file, changes the block of its file and replaced with the symbols. It appends some weird extension at the end of the Computer file and rename System file. It leaves a ransom note which asks user to pay the ransom money. But before paying off the ransom money you have to think twice. Because there is no any guarantee that after paying off the ransom money, you will get the unique decryption key.
Remove CHIP Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove CHIP Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove CHIP Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To CHIP Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find CHIP Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove CHIP Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove CHIP Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the CHIP Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the CHIP Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.