WUDFHOST.EXE : Threat’s Description
|Type||Trojan (CPU Miner)|
|Description||WUDFHOST.EXE is a CPU miner trojan used by the hackers to mine cryptocurrency using your system's resources and makes the PC completely useless.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download WUDFHOST.EXE Scanner to confirm the attack of WUDFHOST.EXE virus.|
Detailed Information on WUDFHOST.EXE
WUDFHOST.EXE is a CPU miner program which is categorized as a Trojan virus. It can be found on the Windows systems that have been compromised by a nasty Trojan-Downloader, and the affected user has downloaded a bogus update to Java and Adobe Flash. This CPU Miner application is created by con artists who aim to use the processing power of infected devices to gain benefit. Assuming you are familiar with the digital money which falls under the name of cryptocurrency, then you might know that the transactions of cryptocurrency require enormous processing power in order to be verified and also ensures the persistence with each block.
Besides, the WUDFHOST.EXE CPU Miner is a customized version of XMRig open-source code, which was used to spark the wave of Minergate and its clones at the end of year 2017. The CPU Miner Trojan is mainly used by third parties in order to hijack the processing power of affected computers and help to verify the Bitcoin transactions. Furthermore, the people responsible for generating this WUDFHOST.EXE Trojan virus are paid in the Bitcoins for every encoded block their system network has processed.
Working Principles of WUDFHOST.EXE Trojan
Although, infected computer users who have this CPU Miner Trojan running in the background of their machine do not receive a dime of profit generated using their machine's hardware. The WUDFHOST.EXE CPU Miner threat and related resources are mainly dropped to the following system folders:
- C:\Users\username\App Data\Local\
- C:\Program Files(x86)\[random string]
- C:\Users\username\App Data\Roaming
As already mentioned, the WUDFHOST.EXE CPU Miner virus is based on the XMRig, and there are plenty of other clones registered per month. The main reason is that these type of softwares allow criminal hackers to have a steady profit and given with the volatile nature of Bitcoin currency. As a result, they can earn a lot of money in just a short period of time. Therefore, racketeers are motivated to release various copies of XMRig, generate new versions and aim focuses to expand their network of available computers. However, you can eliminate the instances of WUDFHOST.EXE virus with the help of a trusted and powerful anti-malware shield, as well as block loading its clones. You can also find this Trojan under various name and some of them are mentioned below.
WUDFHOST.EXE CPU Miner Also Detected As:
- Win32.Trojan.Agent Coin Miner
Steps to Remove WUDFHOST.EXE
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate WUDFHOST.EXE
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by WUDFHOST.EXE
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by WUDFHOST.EXE and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by WUDFHOST.EXE
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by WUDFHOST.EXE and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to WUDFHOST.EXE. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the WUDFHOST.EXE related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by WUDFHOST.EXE, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate WUDFHOST.EXE Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the WUDFHOST.EXE Running Processes.
- Right Click on WUDFHOST.EXE and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove WUDFHOST.EXE Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by WUDFHOST.EXE and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete WUDFHOST.EXE Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove WUDFHOST.EXE, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!