Yesterday, my computer has been infected by a nasty Trojan horse virus named Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg. My installed antivirus program Microsoft Security Essential has detected it but it can not delete the virus completely from the system. Even, I have tried other method to remove this Trojan horse infection but still have no luck. Other antivirus tools are not able to get rid of it as well and it keeps coming back. I really don’t know how to eliminate it from my PC. Can someone please suggest me how can I delete Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg virus permanently from system without having any troubles..??
Complete Details on Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg
Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg is classified as nasty Trojan horse virus that infects users computer in an aggressive ways. This stubborn malware usually gets in a computer by being bundled with some free programs or software. Such free programs to contain few fraudulent or malicious files in its installation folder that often have attractive names in order to mislead computer users into running them without any doubt. In most cases, the Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg threat will name its files similar to the PC file names. Lots of machine users may mistakenly click on the suspicious files whose file names are similar to the image files and document files. Especially when the users have no idea about this malware infection.
Moreover, Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg is developed by the cyber criminals who wants to remotely control the infected machine and they will do anything necessary to let the machine users run the Trojan horse program. The criminal hacker will make use of various vulnerabilities of the system and they can find to implant the malicious codes of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg virus into the targeted PC successfully. The good method is to detect this infection is to use a powerful antivirus program for full system scan. Although, antivirus detection is rely on the features code in this Trojan horse infection. Thus, sometimes the malware could escape the detection of the system security tool and that is the reason it will be one of the most nasty virus infection on the Internet. Hence, it is highly suggested to get rid of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg virus as early as possible.
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef!cfg, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.