Media Dashboard v2 may seems to be a legitimate computer application initially but once it infect your Windows PC then you will realize how dangerous it is. It promises to assist your online activities and enhance your browsing experience but don't be cheated by this forged malware infection because it is not useful at all instead it just annoys the users with number of unwanted pop-up and adds. According to its nature and behavior security experts consider this nasty application as one most irritating adware infection. It not only ruins your browsing experience but is also quite capable to make your system completely useless in just no time. Media Dashboard v2 needs to removed soon from your PC if detected otherwise you are likely to experience severe troubles on your Windows PC.
As like any other spyware infection, Media Dashboard v2 also deploy several deceptive methods to infiltrates into targeted computer system such as software bundling, email spoofing, using infected physical media, peer to peer network sharing, social engineering, shareware and so on. It brings several vulnerabilities into the victimized computer system i.e decrease Internet speed, slower your system performance, shows unwanted endorsements, misguides the users on unknown sites, generate malicious links, causes hard drive failure, system crash, data inaccessibility, file system corruption and many others. It even creates backdoor into the infected computer and allows other malware application as well as cyber criminals to damage your PC. Therefore, it is suggested to get rid of Media Dashboard v2 as soon as possible on your Windows computer system.
Learn To Remove Media Dashboard v2 Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Media Dashboard v2 Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Media Dashboard v2 Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Media Dashboard v2 related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Media Dashboard v2 On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Media Dashboard v2 from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.