More Details on [email protected] Ransomware
[email protected] Ransomware is a nasty virus which uses cryptography mechanisms in order to lock the user’s files and data and then demands Bitcoins in exchange for the decryption tool. The name of the malware is derived from email address that affected system users are directed to contact in case they can not access their files and find a text file called ‘Your files are locked !!!’ onto their desktop. The ransomware claims to be a variant of CryptoLocker Ransomware virus, which ceased its operations back in year 2014. Since then, the several copycat ransomware emerged by using @yandex and @india email accounts.
Working Methods of [email protected] Ransomware
The infected computer users are welcomed to send 1.2 Bitcoin to the wallet of Extortionists. This malware is known to run as a sysjar.exe and masquerade as a Java applet. However, the encryption process may take some time which is depending on the volume of data and files that is stored on affected drives. The crypto ransomware is reported to target the commonly used data containers for databases, photos, audio, text, presentations and videos.
[email protected] Ransomware threat is likely to prioritize the encryption of data and files on the primary system drive i.e. C:\ drive on most PC running Windows operating system. The malware researchers note that the threat can operate on the latest versions of the Windows. The corrupted data or file containers are found to have encrypted file header and appear as a blank icon in Windows Explorer. As mentioned above, the ransom notification is dropped onto the desktop in the form of ‘Your files are locked !!!.txt’. This message reads:
Then after, the victims will be provided with a program interface for [email protected] Ransomware. It comes with a tool in order to facilitate the decryption process in case when you make the ransom payment. The program features the countdown timer and a widget that will notify the system user if successful payment has been registered. The application can provide a list of encoded files and data and then display the following message:
Do You Need To Pay Ransom Money?
Furthermore, we don’t encourage the users to comply with the terms of [email protected] Ransomware virus. The hackers that run the campaign of this malware are not likely to provide a decryption tool and may consider installing the backdoor Trojan onto your machine as well. We have seen that practice with Threat Finder Ransomware. The PC users should seek the assistance of a powerful and reputable anti-malware solution in order to delete [email protected] Ransomware and minimize the risk of backdoor Trojan being installed remotely. Besides, you might be able to recover your data by using the Shadow Volume Explorer and the services like Google Drive.
Couldn’t Remove [email protected] Ransomware? Best Guide For [email protected] Ransomware Removal
A: How To Remove [email protected] Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill [email protected] Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the [email protected] Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall [email protected] Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore [email protected] Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing [email protected] Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing [email protected] Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by [email protected] Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.