Swagbucks Toolbar is another suspicious toolbar created by hackers to trick more System users and earn online money from victims. If somehow, Swagbucks Toolbar is attached to your browser then it is confirm that your System is infected with a potentially unwanted program. Well, no need to be panic because there is an appropriate way through which you can easily delete Swagbucks Toolbar from your PC.
Summary of Swagbucks Toolbar
|Referred As||SwagBucks Community Toolbar, SwagBucks virus, Swag Bucks virus, SwagBucks Toolbar virus|
|Used Terms||legitimate and very popular|
|Developed By||Prodege LLC|
|Introduction||Swagbucks Toolbar is another suspicious toolbar designed by hackers with wrong intention.|
|Occurrences||Bundling method, suspicious ads, spam campaigns, infected devices, gambling sites, torrent downloads etc.|
|Is Deletion Possible||Yes|
|To delete Swagbucks Toolbar from PC easily and completely download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Brief Note on Swagbucks Toolbar
Swagbucks Toolbar also known as Swag Code Toolbar or SBTV Toolbar seems to be appear from Swagbucks.com. At the initial inspection this toolbar seems as a trusted one that claims to allow users to earn the virtual currency by searching web, shopping to their favorite retailers and engaging on other suspicious activities. Undoubtedly, it seems as a helpful one but team of security experts are highly advised victim that they should not trust on it because it is a suspicious toolbar.
Know Why Swagbucks Toolbar Listed Under Suspicious Toolbar
Being owed by the Prodege LLC, it aim to trick more System users into utilizing it for earning money. Technically, this toolbar is not malicious itself but it exhibits several negative traits and causes too much annoyances for affected users. Bear in your mind that Swagbucks Toolbar and it's official site have been around 9 years and 9 months old.
Several Countries Are Affected By Swagbucks Toolbar
This toolbar has been wide range of users in several country like US, UK, Canada, Germany and India. But mostly, it infected in America that it ranked 446th place. The search platform of this toolbar might not be worst but definitely not best. The homepage of this toolbar is supposed to be best platform for earning several prizes but people have reported that it opens a new tab without users permission. This toolbar is nothing than a scam, so system users should not believe on it under any circumstances. If somehow you have noticed Swagbucks Toolbar in your PC then you must follows the below mentioned potentially unwanted program removal effective guidelines to delete Swagbucks Toolbar.
Learn To Remove Swagbucks Toolbar Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Swagbucks Toolbar Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Swagbucks Toolbar Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Swagbucks Toolbar related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Swagbucks Toolbar On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Swagbucks Toolbar from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.