My word documents have been changed with a .biqqxij extension and now i am not able to access all those files. I need help to restore my files back but unaware how to remove .biqqxij. Does it possible to do it on my Windows PC manually. Is any virus removal program work to repair my files. Please suggest any appropriate solution to get rid of .biqqxij.
It is very regretful to seeing encrypted files on your computer due to a ransom virus. .biqqxij belongs to the latest version of CTB-Locker aka Critroni crypto ransomware. If you are an aware PC user and know how valuable data you have stored on your computer then you must have been taking backups on regular basis. If so then you should not to worry any more and utilize your backup to restore your encrypted files again on your computer. This ransomware program also deletes shadow volumes Copies from the hard disk of compromised computer system so you can not get back your files by System Restore. How .biqqxij ransomware program get manage to infiltrate into your computer system?
Perhaps you are using an anti virus program but .biqqxij can sneaks inside your computer system. The ransomware virus is designed to cheat your anti virus and by employing rootkit method it also remains undetected in virus scans after infiltration. Mainly it get into your computer via Spam emails that also contains attachment files and entice users to open and click on the links. Thus it get a deceptive activation on the targeted computer. Apart from Spam/Junk emails, .biqqxij also comes bundled or via security vulnerabilities or installed by Trojan viruses. So unwarily surfing or installation of free of cost bundled programs may result in getting this ransom virus.
After encrypting files on your computer you will get a ransom note when you try to open your files. The ransom note ask to pay an amount against private key that can be used for decryption of your files. You can pay ransom amount and recover your files, however it is not a recommended solution because it promotes cyber criminals to develop more hazardous PC threats, harass Internet users and making money by vicious methods. So the ideal method to get rid of .biqqxij is use of Automatic .biqqxij Removal Tool.
Remove .biqqxij From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .biqqxij in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .biqqxij using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .biqqxij
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .biqqxij related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .biqqxij Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .biqqxij related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .biqqxij virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .biqqxij infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.