IDLEMONITOR.EXE is actually an important DLL file which the malware experts have reported belonging to Idle Monitor by Idle Monitor. This file ensures the Windows system and Idle Monitor performs appropriately.
|File Name||IDLEMONITOR.EXE (Free Scan)|
|File Description||IDLE MONITOR|
|Product Name||IDLE MONITOR|
|File Type||Exe file|
|OS Compromised||Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7/8/10|
IDLEMONITOR.EXE doubtlessly plays a crucial role in the proper functioning of Windows system, however often get deleted or corrupted at time when potentially unwanted program intrudes inside PC. PUP leading to corruption of aforementioned DLL commonly contaminates the computer systems having Windows OS installed in them. It similar to those of several other treacherous programs of the same group, perforates itself very silently inside the targeted system, without being acknowledged by the users. It onto being disseminated successfully in the PC, causes numerous disastrous issues in it.
Researchers have reported PUP leading to the corruption of IDLEMONITOR.EXE initializing the execution of several unethical practices via firstly grabbing complete control over entire PC and then altering it's preset Windows registry settings for the purpose of acquiring persistence in it. PUP moreover besides from this, without seeking the user's permission, changes the PC's preset browser's settings. It moreover, spy on the user's online session and accommodates their personal stuff which it further then transfers to the cyber crooks for the sake of several commercial purposes.
PUP posing damage to IDLEMONITOR.EXE furthermore, bombard the entire victimized device's screen with endless intrusive pop-ups which regardless of the fact that initially appears authentic, as a matter of fact poses redirection to several suspicious domain upon being tapped. This redirection significantly diminishes the system's web browser's speed, rendering it literally highly hectic for the users to surf web onto it. Ads besides, makes the PC's performance slow and sluggish on large extent by consuming enormous magnitude of it's available space. It additionally brings in numerous other catastrophic malware infections inside computer system without the user's consent by degrading working efficiency of the antimalware program installed in it and blocking the Windows firewall program. Thus, for the sake of appropriate functioning of Windows PC as well as IDLEMONITOR.EXE DLL file, it is doubtlessly very important for the users to remove PUP leading to it's corruption inside PC.
How PUP Leading To Corruption of 'IDLEMONITOR.EXE' Perforates Inside PC ?
- PUP leading to IDLEMONITOR.EXE generally comes bundled within several freeware programs and proliferates itself inside PC at the time when users download and install them.
- PUP besides might propagate itself via spam email campaigns.
- Playing online games and sharing files in networking environment also plays a very crucial role in the dissemination of this undesired program inside PC.
Learn To Remove IDLEMONITOR.EXE Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete IDLEMONITOR.EXE Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of IDLEMONITOR.EXE Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to IDLEMONITOR.EXE related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from IDLEMONITOR.EXE On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing IDLEMONITOR.EXE from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.