What is Suspicious About DirAnalyze?
Indeed, DirAnalyze is a PC optimizer program which is coded to scan drives and delete duplicate files to free up local disk space. But the problem is, it creates dozens of scheduled tasks to configure itself as a Startup program. Upon installation, the it also connects to various Russian remote servers and transmit collected information without your consent. Thus, cyber threat analyst community has marked it as an adware program that belong to potentially unwanted program's category. You should know that DirAnalyze PUP developers use international false positives to make you believe that your PC has problems. Therefore, you need to install and use the so-called PC Optimizer. Nevertheless to say, if you continue to use such untrustworthy applications, soon your privacy will be exposed to interested third parties who have intention to earn easy money illegally. You should note that DirAnalyze adware developers might generate false result after performing scan and try to sell the software in the name of fixing your computer issues.
During online inspection, we also got know that its developers are anonymous. There is no well known company behind its release. Though, trusting it could be highly dangerous. Moreover, the PUP suggests users to visit scanfolder.space website in order to get detailed information. Unfortunately, this has no information regarding DirAnalyze but it promotes another app named – ScanFolder Disk Optimizer. Both are the same products which don't perform disk optimization operation but allows you to load a chart with saved data on the local disk. Its developers seems to be inspired by free optimization programs such as Duplicate Files Finder and winMd5Sum. These two programs are actually reliable unlike DirAnalyze PUP. The PUP is intrusive in nature which creates following files into compromised Windows Systems:
- …\Program Files (x86)\SDisk Finder
- …\Windows\System32\Tasks\SDisk Finder
DirAnalyze: Prevention Ideas
First, you have to secure your Windows system with an efficient Anti-spyware and more importantly you have to keep your Windows operating system, drivers, installed apps including security software up-to-date. It helps Anti-spyware to update its virus database and create more effective virtual layer of security into your system. Additionally, you should avoid installing programs promoted over internet and pay closer attention while installing freeware to prevent DirAnalyze attacks. At this time, it is essential to use DirAnalyze removal guide given below:
Learn To Remove DirAnalyze Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete DirAnalyze Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of DirAnalyze Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to DirAnalyze related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from DirAnalyze On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing DirAnalyze from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.