Well, my system was hit by the Trojan.Cidox.E virus a few days ago while I was downloading a audio song to the computer. This Trojan virus has messed up my system badly and brought lots of troubles for me. I can't seem to do anything normally on my infected system. Is there a possible way to delete this harmful threat from my PC..??
Information of Trojan.Cidox.E
Trojan.Cidox.E is a dangerous Trojan horse virus which enters onto your computer by opening spam messages or attachments, visiting malicious websites and downloading freeware or shareware applications or programs from untrusted domains. If your PC is get infected by this virus, then it makes many changes into your system without your knowledge. It can alter the system and browser settings, modifies computer registry files and creates so many infected files in the hidden form. This Trojan threat will load automatically with every startup of the computer. It runs into the background of your machine and open the backdoor for other deadly infections. It will also make your system performance completely slow by displaying countless third party ads. Thus, you need to eliminate Trojan.Cidox.E quickly while you detect it into your computer.
Harmful properties Trojan.Cidox.E
1. It may infiltrate onto your system without any authorization.
2. Weakens the overall performance of your PC by occupying large memory space.
3. It even leads to computer crash and BSOD error.
4. Trojan.Cidox.E might install other forms of malware to result in worse damage.
5. Few unknown pop-up ads may display on the computer screen for suspicious commercial goals.
6. This infection could open the backdoor and got other dangerous computer threats to get inside.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Cidox.E
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Cidox.E
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Cidox.E
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Cidox.E and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Cidox.E
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Cidox.E and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Cidox.E. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Cidox.E related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Cidox.E, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Cidox.E Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Cidox.E Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Cidox.E and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Cidox.E Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Cidox.E and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Cidox.E Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Cidox.E, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!