Complete Description on Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe is belongs to the family of notorious Trojan horse virus which downloads unwanted programs from malicious websites. The downloaded software could include anything from the additional downloaders Trojans in order to look like as a legit system security program. It typically infiltrates the users machine from dubious web pages or via file sharing programs. The malware downloads the rogue apps and harmful contents from the Internet and then executes them on the infected PC without users approval or consent. It creates its own registry entries to ensure that the threat being running every time when the windows starts up. Whenever the variant of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe virus is run, it may perform many nasty actions:
- Drop a malicious file as <system folder>\wudb.dll
- Modify the registry entries in order to run the copy of this Trojan as a browser helper object (BHO) and adds value: DllName, with data: <system folder>\wudb.dll, to sub-key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wudb
Next time, when the Windows machine is started, the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe threat runs in the background and attempts to download fake system security programs. It is a sneaky Trojan infection which silently enters the Windows system mostly by using the Internet pathways, such as spam emails, peer-to-peer file sharing, malicious links or ads, infectious websites, download managers, free download of PDF creators, music players and many more. Once it got executed inside your PC, then you will find lots of unwanted toolbars and applications inside your machine that has got installed without your knowledge. Although, these activities could be dangerous and highly risky for the legit computer files.
To be more clear, the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe virus installs the keyloggers onto the Windows registry in order to record your browsing histories, keep track your online conducts and steal your sensitive information such as IP address, credit card details, user name, banking account info, email ID, password etc. in order to continue the cyber scam by using your personal identity. Besides, you will find that registry settings, DNS configuration, background image, browser settings have got altered and the system is performing quite weirdly due to the presence of this Trojan infection. Hence, we strongly suggest you to use a credible anti-malware tool to remove the malware completely from your computer.
Few Other Names of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe
- Win32.TRAgent.Dpp detected by eSafe.
- Artemis!764155503436 detected by McAfee.
- Trojan/Generic.kxcn detected by Jiangmin.
- TROJ_GEN.RC1C8ED deteced by TrendMicro-HouseCall].
- Generic.dx!bcx4 detected by McAfee.
- Win32/BHO.ODP detected by ESET-NOD32.
- HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic detected by Kaspersky.
- Trojan.Generic.6836940 detected by nProtect.
- Win32:Agent-APGZ [Trj] detected by Avast].
- Trojan.BHO!1xBEeeWpdQQ detected by VirusBuster.
- Downloader.Generic12.XJL detected by AVG.
- W32/Suspicious_Gen2.RXFLH detected by Norman.
- TR/Agent.dpp.2 detected by AntiVir.
- Trojan/BHO.odp detected by TheHacker.
- W32/Downloader_x.GCN!tr detected by Fortinet.
How to Remove Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ahoe, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.