trojan.jsredirector has a kernel mode root-kit which is very similar in ethos to TDL family of the rootkits. This threat uses highly advanced and deceptive techniques or methods to hide its presence in the infected PC. It is capable in functioning on both System architecture including 32-bit and 64-bit because it contains self defense functionality which acts as a sophisticated for delivering other malicious malware into your System.
Distribution method of trojan.jsredirector
trojan.jsredirector is distributed over the user PC through several means. It can easily enters into your Computer through malicious or legitimate sites that have been hijacked by hackers, through exploit kits. Another method of the distribution of this threat is Spam emails that contains infected mail attachments or links to suspicious sites. Spam emails are used by cyber hackers with forged header details, it tricks you into believe that mails comes from a trusted and shipping company such as FedEx or DHL. When you open any mail attachments that comes from unknown persons or locations then it easily enters into your PC without your awareness. Along with this, it can also be downloaded by manually when you download or install any piece of software.
Harmful symptoms of trojan.jsredirector
Steps to Remove trojan.jsredirector
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate trojan.jsredirector
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by trojan.jsredirector
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by trojan.jsredirector and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by trojan.jsredirector
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by trojan.jsredirector and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to trojan.jsredirector. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the trojan.jsredirector related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by trojan.jsredirector, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate trojan.jsredirector Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the trojan.jsredirector Running Processes.
- Right Click on trojan.jsredirector and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove trojan.jsredirector Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by trojan.jsredirector and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete trojan.jsredirector Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove trojan.jsredirector, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!