Hey this is steve and I am quite upset to introduce myself as my PC is infected by Trojan.Maener. I have tried all sorts of possible ways to get rid of this nasty trojan but unable to drag myself out of this problem. Can someone pleas help me out.
|Description||Trojan.Maener downloads Bitcoin Miner to generate bitcoins using CPU resources|
|Occurrence||Freeware installation, Visiting suspicious websites, and spam mail attachments.|
Download Scanner– To Detect Trojan.Maener virus on your computer.
Trojan.Maener is malicious Trojan horse virus which can wreck havoc on Windows PC if it get installed somehow or the other. Since it can execute malicious task, it often causes fatal damage to all Windows version. It sneaks into the PC without permission of the users and infects core system files including Windows registry. Thus it launches its malicious processes each time when the PC reboots itself without any manual intervention. This is the reason why it consumes excessive system resources and makes the compromised PC exceedingly slow. Trojan.Maener steals confidential data such as banking credentials and passwords that are stored in the compromised PC.
Harmful Payload Used by Trojan.Maener to mine bitcoins
Once, Trojan.Maener is installed on the PC, it quickly downloads Bitcoins mining software on to the system. Thus it make PC to run as snail's pace making any command unresponsive. It is found to keep running in the background using file name ActivateDesktop.exe. It consumes excessive CPU resources to generate bitcoins.
How Trojan.Maener Enters PC?
Like any other Trojan, Trojan.Maener also enters PC through noxious ways. Clicking on spam emails, visiting hacked sites, through suspicious links, junk emails and its attachments, security loopholes such as not updating antivirus are some of the means which can be exploited by Trojan.Maener to wreck havoc on system to make it compromised.
Is it Possible to Remove Trojan.Maener?
Trojan.Maener is most dangerous variant of the Trojan family as it implants other malware as well on the system and hence it must be removed from the PC as soon as possible. Although it is not so easy to remove Trojan.Maener from the core of the system as it is deep seated withing the Windows program files. We have included manual as well as automatic process to get rid of this nasty Trojan. The manual Trojan.Maener removal can be quite lengthy and requires technical skills. Hence users are advised to remove Trojan.Maener automatically.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Maener
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Maener
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Maener
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Maener and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Maener
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Maener and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Maener. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Maener related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Maener, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Maener Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Maener Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Maener and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Maener Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Maener and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Maener Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Maener, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!