I recently ran a MSE antivirus scan on my PC and found the Trojan.Mentono virus. I then selected 'Clean PC', it seemed to work and security essential page turned green. But, when I reran the computer, again the same threat showed up. I tried MSE to remove virus but it doesn't work at all. How can I clean my computer from this threat..??
What is Trojan.Mentono?
Trojan.Mentono is a nasty Trojan infection that is known to grab user's sensitive details and confidential information from infected computer. Cyber professionals have classified this infection as a very destructive virus, so it is suggested that not to allow such threat into your system even for a single minute. It comes to your system, packed with free software programs, suspicious attachments with junk mails, phishing sites, p2p file sharing and many more. If the Trojan.Mentono enters to your computer, it changes the default setting of your PC and modifies browser homepage as well as the DNS configuration. It will open the gates to your system and allow remote hackers to get into the computer to perform their evil strategy and attack your system badly. This threat is often spread by website advertisements, attachments in email messages, files downloads such as limewire, torrents, bearshare and frostbite. Therefore, it is important to keep your system secure from this threat and you have to delete Trojan.Mentono as soon as possible.
Dangerous traits of Trojan.Mentono on your system
1. It can attack your PC seriously and add new files or registry without your approval.
2. This threat also stops the working of Antivirus software that are already installed to your PC.
3. Trojan.Mentono is capable for linking of your system to the remote server in order to get commands from Cyber crooks.
4. It will collect cookies and browsing history and then extract your vital data for illegal benefits.
5. It can also disable your executable programs and block the Internet access to prevent updating your Windows.
6. Such infectious threats are quite very dangerous that completely ruins the system and lead to vulnerability.
Steps to Delete Trojan.Mentono
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove Trojan.Mentono from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find Trojan.Mentono Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete Trojan.Mentono virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete Trojan.Mentono Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for Trojan.Mentono Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to Trojan.Mentono
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Mentono from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find Trojan.Mentono related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by Trojan.Mentono and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by Trojan.Mentono
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with Trojan.Mentono that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of Trojan.Mentono using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect Trojan.Mentono.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!