What do you know about Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b?
Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b is known as a dangerous trojan infection that had access to your computer freely and its no matter what PC you have obtained. It has the ability to get in to your system, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and some others. It will follow by a file name that it looks very familiar to the normal system programs which confuses PC users. It is a tricky virus which cannot be removed by using common antivirus tool. Once infected by this nasty threat, your machine will not work properly. The most obvious signs of this infection is that your computer performance becomes very slow and sluggish. Sometimes, the system may even freezes up and shuts down automatically. The reason why this happens to your machine is that Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b threat eats up a plenty of PC resources and memory space.
In addition, Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b virus can download more and more malware or viruses and other infections onto your computer. The main purpose of this noxious threat is to monitor your personal and online conducts to steal your valuable data and files or other crucial information such as search queries, IP address, browser type, website visited, banking account details, password, credit card info and so on. Thereafter, it will send the stolen data to remote hackers and the cyber criminals uses these information for the illegal or evil purposes. It is a very deadly computer virus and if not deleted in time, then it will even delete your vital system files and folder without your authorization. It can also corrupt some of your routine applications or programs. Thus, before these bad things happens to your system, we highly suggested you to quickly eliminate Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b virus as fast as possible.
Following Harmful Traits of Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b
- Opens backdoor for remote hackers to severely infect your PC.
- Hide itself well by altering its name with legit system files.
- Steal your confidential data and uses it for many evil purposes.
- Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b will highly consumes the system resources.
- Degrades the performance of your computer and slows down your machine.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Multi.GenAutorun.Task.b, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!